Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Blog status report

For the last several days, I've been inactive physically because of a foot problem.  In those days, I've done more blogging than usual.  One thing that I've noticed is this:  the more posting I do, the more pageviews I get.  It is gratifying to get a positive response like that.  But there's a problem.

As I mentioned before, I'd like to monetize this blog at some point.  Due to the fact that Blogger won't let me do that because they think I was cheating, I've been permanently banned from using Adwords.  Adwords wouldn't have provided much income, but at least it would have been something.

Due to that, and the other failure, which is Amazon, I have yet to receive one thin dime from the blog.  This can't go on forever, if I am to continue blogging.

Therefore, I set up a new blogging site, but that presents a problem, too.  I've got to get people who are coming here to go to the new site.  I wonder if that will even happen.  I worry about that.  It has been a long and painful process just to get the modest audience that I have now.  To move risks having to start all over again.  But I have to do this at some point.  It is not working out at Blogger.

Anyway, I haven't made a decision about when and how I will conduct the move.  Only that it will definitely occur at some point.

I'm thinking that it should be a gradual move.  Currently, I have put up most of the posts here on the new blogging site.  I haven't updated it in the past week, so it is about 1 week behind.  But a mirror site is not the way I want to do it.  At some point, I'll have to move on this.  I haven't decided how and when.

Thanks for your support.  I will update on this in the coming days.


No comments: