Monday, June 6, 2011

The Morning Summary, 6/6



Today is the day that my truck will change hands, if all goes according to plan. It sounds a little shaky only because of my ambivalence toward the matter. Given everything that has been happening, I don't know how good of an idea that this is. It is something of a leap of faith that things will work out the way I want. That may not happen. In fact, it doesn't look like it will at all from where I am standing now.

If things do not work out well, I will have to do something else besides write for this blog. Once I go back to work, there won't be time for this thing. I'm giving it my best shot. As long as I do that, if things don't work out, I'll feel that I did all I could to the best of my ability. If my abilities aren't good enough, I can accept that. I am hoping that the economic situation won't be as bad as it looks right now. So, this move is a gamble that things won't get really bad. I think that is possible.

My pageviews are suffering, but I don't know why. I get very little feedback from readers, so I don't know what you guys like or don't like. Speak up! But be civil about it. I won't put up with insults.

If you come here, it would be very much appreciated if you help out in some way. This blog isn't getting enough pageviews and it is getting absolutely no financial support from anybody, anywhere, anytime. I am not rich, but I am not broke. I can do this for awhile, but not forever. If you like it, and you want it to continue, you have to do something to help.

How much longer will I do this? I am probably too far into this already. I may do this through the summer, that is all I am prepared to commit to for now.

[resume after a break of an hour or so]

A number of things cross your mind in an hour. One that crossed my mind is there seems to be a strong tendency these days to believe that you can get something for nothing. This may even work, for awhile. But, at some point, the free ride is over. At some point, the bills must be paid. Such is the case with this country right now. Such is the case with this blog. It can't all be a one way street. People have to be willing to give something in exchange for what they get. Otherwise, you will have to start taking it by force. When that happens, the law of the jungle will take over.

I don't want to be unfair with my country nor my countrymen. This country has done a lot for the world. But this country goes under-appreciated. I know I get people from outside of this country who come here. Those of you who are not from the United States should know that I am not letting you off the hook either. There are a lot of people in the world who are taking from this country and not giving anything back. Just remember what I wrote here. There is no free ride. Everything has its cost.

No comments: