Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Morning Summary, 6/5



No doubt about it now. It looks as though I've definitely lost traffic. It could be my E-cat traffic left, because I've not posted quite as much on that as before. I turned back to writing about fusion propulsion, so maybe my E-cat readers are not interested in that. Or, it could be some other explanation.

Even though I got a breakthrough in traffic because of the E-cat story, I can't allow it to capture this blog. The blog has to continue along the same pathways as before. It won't become an E-cat blog per se. E-cat will be one of the topics I will discuss here. Another will be fusion propulsion, because this is of interest to me.

Another topic of interest to me is the markets. If the markets fall apart, all of this can become academic. Chaos will rule. First and foremost, the government has got to get its house in order. Nothing, including some miracle device, is going to save people from themselves. People need to get a grip on their passions. It will lead to the end of anything and everything, no matter how good it is.

Energy, no matter the source, is of vital interest to me as well. I will post on that subject. You can count on it.

That brings me to politics. While I like to discuss politics, I think some caution is in order. Partisan politics is something to be wary of. It can blind you to reality, and frankly, I believe it can make you stupid. While it is important to believe in something, it is also important not to allow belief to triumph over reason. Of course, I realize to some people, that what I just wrote is heresy. I don't believe, nor can I ever believe, that mere belief in something can make it true. I believe that truth exists outside of belief. Truth must be found. It can not be wished into existence.

It can also go the other way. Reason can triumph over belief. But that would be wrong too. People are not machines. There is a need to believe in things, but there is also a need to keep your mind engaged and your eyes open. In short, there needs to be a balance. This is what I will strive to achieve here. By doing so, hopefully truth can be discovered.

No comments: