Monday, August 8, 2016

More building ideas

Prev  Next

This post will go into the Construction sub-series of the off-the-grid main series of posts.  These posts can be accessed from a table of contents and watched individually or in series from beginning to end.

When I left off last time, I ruled out the Quonset idea.  Not so fast.  Also, some time ago, I had ruled out using prefabbed storage sheds.  Not so fast, either.  I think it may be possible to combine the ideas, so as to get a small shack that may be livable.

As you are assembling the prefabbed shed, the cattle panels can go in before you put in the roof.  This hasn't been attempted before, so I don't know if it will work.

You can roll up the tarp so that it can be manageable in the wind.  Insulation can be placed between the tarp and the roof.  The back wall and front wall must take some planning in order to execute.

I've seen some solid sheets of insulation that may be applied and fitted to the back walls and front door.  It may be possible to fit those in there.

The cattle panels aren't expensive.  The prefabbed shed should not cost all that much.  Moreover, it will be easier to transport, and put together ( I presume.)

The tricky part is to insulate it.  Rather than use sheet rock, I'd use the cattle panels and tarp.

It's an idea.  It might work.  But it hasn't been tried.



No comments: