Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Morning Summary, April 14, 2011

Yesterdays stats  Sitemeter 11 ( 4412+11= 4423) since 6 am yesterday) ,  Blogger  53 ( from 7pm to 7pm previous day), Blogger so far today 16.   No bids, public nor private.  Amazon commissions this quarter 0, last quarter 0, all time 1 dollar in commission.  No donations.

There appears to have been some improvement in traffic.  But the blog is not generating cash flow, obviously.

I appreciate those who are visiting, thank you.  I will continue to build upon this, and hopefully to get off the near zero mark in cash flow.  If I can't get much sponsorship, I may be able to scrape up enough to buy a bumper sticker for the show and to give it to somebody in order to get the word out.  I have already bought one myself and I have a picture on People for Space Colonization page on Facebook.

I know some drivers who get out and about a lot, so if I were to pass out these bumper stickers, they will have the opportunity to be seen by many people.  That's the idea for today.  If that doesn't work, we try another idea tomorrow.  Or try an idea every day.  How about that?

Of course, I have already pledged to use the funds raised from this blog to support the Space Show in this funds drive, which is already well into it without anything to show.  The deadline for this is Monday, so we need to get moving on this or we will get nothing.

How embarrassing.

If nothing else has been accomplished, at least I have managed to write 709 posts in the last 7 months. If it were a book, it would be getting thick by now.  Blogger offers to print a book out of a blog for 15 bucks or something like that.  That would be vanity for me to only order a copy of my own blog if the blog can't raise money.  I won't be buying a book of this blog for purposes of personal vanity.  However, if someone else would like to help get past that miserable situation, make a request, and I will send you one, provided that you pay for the costs, that is.  I will sign it and send it to you, if you wish.  I will charge shipping and handling, a small charge, which is the usual thing in purchasing books.  The surplus over costs will go to the purchase of a bumper sticker as mentioned, provided that idea actually works.

This Blog has been designed, albeit on an ad hoc basis, to be an information collection point and resource. I include links to pages within the blog, plus navigation aids in getting around the blog with relative ease.  I am constantly working on improving this capacity so that the blog will become ever more useful to readers. Hopefully, that will be an attractive quality over time.

That previous idea is a second idea for the day.  Perhaps it will work, who knows?

It may be useful to point out that I write about markets too.  That is worth something.  If you were following my blog, you wouldn't have sold your gold.  I have been following the gold market for years.  ( This is not a claim as an advisory service!  Do not take this as investment advice.  No claims to that effect are being made, caveat emptor on any investment, even gold. )   I mention the gold market because of my observations about the current situation leads me to believe that gold will continue to be a good hedge against inflation. This is my opinion only. This is a free country.  Free opinions are worth what they cost you.  All the same, if you followed my opinion, and this persuaded you, you would have protected yourself by it.  If I change my opinion about gold, I will mention it here.  So far, no change.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Answer your phone.