Friday, April 15, 2011

Short market blurbs

About the Zipcar IPO.  Never heard of a Zipcar.  It looks like an alternative to car rental service.  It may be useful in some applications.  I once got rid of my vehicle in 2004 when I wasn't driving so much.  It costs money to keep a vehicle available.  You have to insure it, maintain it, and what have you.

Inflation news is not good.  People get fooled by the Fed's rationalizations.  Dividing up inflation reporting into core inflation and such is just a rationalization.  Markets are not fooled, gold is up.  The people can be fooled, that is why the government is reporting it this way.

I'm not a buyer of bonds.  I sort of read the article by USNews.  But, I've covered that story already.  After reading the article quickly, I think it a hope piece.  Things need to change before I'd even consider buying bonds.  Until I see that, I wouldn't touch bonds.

No comments: