Monday, April 11, 2011

My memory is really short, and so is time

I must be getting old before my time.  I tend to forget things really fast, so I need a system that will help me remember.  In that spirit, I went back to this blog and read what I wrote yesterday.  Everything has a tendency to look different in the morning, so to speak.  When you sleep on something, I guess the old noggin is processing the info in some way and then, by the morning, things may look different.

But this time, no.  I went to bed thinking that things were downright bad, and I still think so.  Re reading the blog doesn't change that impression much, if at all.  Heck, it might even reinforce the notion.

Where do I go from here?  As anyone who reads this knows, I need a way to put this thing on a paying basis so I can keep doing this.  Otherwise, I will have to stop.  This is one thing I began thinking about as soon as I woke up.  After seven months of blogging, this blog has not earned a cent.  This will have to change somehow, because it can't last forever.

Then you've got the national scene and the world scene.  Things look like they can fall apart at any moment, so that is on my mind.  I can write about it here and share my thoughts with anyone who may be interested.  Maybe something good can come from that, or maybe nobody really cares, so it won't matter anyhow.

It is frustrating that nobody seems to care, but it is out of my control.  If I can't control it, I won't worry about it.  If the world wants to fall apart, then it will fall apart.  What I want to do is to make my own part of this world as sane as I can keep it.  That may be a challenge that is too much if the whole world falls apart.

My impression is that people just don't want to face the reality of the situation.  The tendency is to drift without any direction until you are going over the waterfall and then you ask, "why the hell didn't anybody see this coming?"  Reality is biting everybody hard on the ass, but nobody seems to be noticing that their ass has several deep bite marks and is bleeding profusely.  Trillion dollar deficits cannot last.  It will crash the financial system and that is a fact.  The longer this persists, the sooner the inevitable will occur.

Yet, our government does nothing.  What the hell is the matter with these people?  I think that they are in a bubble.   Washington is too detached and out of touch.  If they do understand this, and they are acting this way anyway, then they are screwing everybody with deliberate malice.  So, this is either incompetence or corruption.  Neither is good.  In any case, these people are going to have to go if there is any chance.  Unfortunately, we may not get that chance.

The time to act is now, but all we got is these people, and that is poor material to work with.  Sorry for sounding so negative, but these people in Washington do not impress me.  People out here need to pay attention to these clowns, but nobody seems to be.  When they do pay attention, they listen to these idiotic TV programs that only serve the interests of the clowns in charge.  The media is the establishment and they are in cahoots with the clowns who are causing this mess.

You got to find answers elsewhere.  You can't rely on the establishment who is, bluntly speaking, lying their asses off.  This in service to their own interests and against the interests of everyone else.  Time to call them out and demand answers to these problems right now.

I am finished with this little rant.  Now I got to see if I can stir up something for this blog and for me.  Bills keep coming, you see.

Update:

The spinmeisters are out there touting this as a victory.  This only goes to show that these people aren't serious.  There is no victory here.  It's just another retreat.  And they are preparing the way for another one.

Update:

I do have stuff to do, but I will continue to post here.  Don't go away.

No comments: