Friday, April 15, 2011

AT and T Uverse Rewards Program

I use AT and T Uverse set up as my internet provider.  I wasn't interested in getting their TV service, nor phone service plans, but I know someone who did get the TV service.

To put it frankly, as is my custom, the service had something to be desired in terms of getting it up and running.  They had some kid taking my order over the phone and something didn't get done.  So, I had a phone man come out and he got things squared away.  It has been working flawlessly since.

I am going to pursue the idea as a revenue source.  Maybe it works, who knows?  Anybody who hasn't signed up already can help this blog by letting me refer you for this service.  Anybody who does this through this blog will help support the blog and support The Space Show, as mentioned before in earlier posts.

Let me know in comments if you are interested.

Update:

I want to keep things simple, that's the plan today.  KISS as a way of life, so to speak.  Well, this internet service is internet only.  Simple enough.  AT and T charges 35 a month for that.  I would have liked a different plan, but I got roped into this one, somehow.  I've heard of better deals elsewhere.  I've even seen them on the net, as I recall.  My recollection was somewhere along those lines. 

I had broadband connection a couple years ago when I went wireless.  In the meantime, I got rid of my landline phone.  Now the phone is wireless, and now I am back to non-wireless, so to speak, on the internet service.  AT and T talks about wireless, and I have used it on occasion, but it is better when you have an air card.  Then you can get it anywhere they have service.  Hot spots aren't necessarily convenient, hence the aircard.  Costs more, but I want to be online when I want to be.

The idea is to get value, but AT and T will want to sell you a bunch of stuff, so look out for that.  Maybe you want it, maybe not.  From what I saw, I think I'd rather pass on anything but the internet service.  At 35 a month, it may be a bit pricey, but you get wireless access to anyplace in the house.  That works well with my wifi enabled netbook.

I can hook up to four computers to the router/modem that comes with the installation.  As for installation, I had to do that myself.  This was possible in my case, but it may not be in yours.  Ask, and hopefully, you'll get someone on the line who can answer your question correctly.

From what I hear, AT and T pushes the idea that they offer a lot of channels, but many of those are marketing shows that are selling stuff.  ( I forgot the term)  The number of entertainment shows are limited.  The information shows are there, but they are limited as well.  As I have mentioned before, I wouldn't spend the money on TV.  I have NetFlix, that is enough.

You can watch movies on NetFlix with this service.  It gives good value for the money, in my opinion.

There is some papers here that I forgot about when I installed this thing.  I can go back to this for help with wireless access.  They tout it, but I haven't seen it yet.  If you can get it, it would be a good value.  But it isn't
secured, it says.

No comments: