Saturday, January 31, 2015

Doing some calcs for materials needed for quonset huts

Prev  Next

This will be the next post in the construction subseries.

So, let's add up the costs of the materials and see what we come up with:

Plastic sheeting:  Looks like 83 bucks

cattle panels:      Looks like 60 bucks

2x4's (8 ft )  :    Looks like 5 of these for less than 20 bucks

Plywood:          maybe  25 bucks apiece, need 3, so 75 bucks

pallets :             maybe I can get these for nothing

other stuff:        less than a hundred

total so far:       less than 400

Maybe this will cost more than I thought, but what else is news anymore?

Update:

The urge is to go ahead and start collecting this stuff, but I'll wait.

The greenhouse sheeting and supplies can be found here.

Don't want to lose my work, so I'll put up where the cattle panels can be found near Houston:


The Richmond store got cut off.  It's off 2218, so I know where that is.

Update:

Here's some links that may turn out to be useful:

Powered screwdriver  and bit sets

concrete blocks

Update:

There's a TSC in South El Paso area that might have this or can get it.  It may be a problem hauling it in my van.  I put the address in a jpg file

There is also a place called McCoy's that could sell these cattle panels.



No comments: