Sunday, January 25, 2015

No rest for the weary

Today is the day of rest.  Well, that's just bunk.  There is no day of rest around here.  Always working on something or other.

Trying to change things up a little.  This morning, I whipped up a batch of pancake mix, and it was something of a mess.  Usually, I buy a junk food breakfast at the local Mickey D.  But that plan is getting too costly, as the money is gettng a bit scarce.  Making the pancakes didn't really cost anything.

After the breakfast, the usual thing is to buy groceries for the week.  Once again, the thought is to economize, as the money is getting a bit tight.  I managed to save maybe 10 bucks this time.  If I am a bit more careful, I could slice that a bit more, but this will have to do for the time being/  Prices are too high, alright.  My usual habit is to not pay that close attention, but it has my attention now, I assure you.

So, now it is on with the rest of the schedule.  I missed some work last week because my lower back seemed to be acting up.  The rest may have helped a little, but this is going to be with me from now on.  I have to be careful out there.

Yesterday's trip to the dentist was more than a day's pay.  It's really not getting any better.  When I got the oil change, I was told I needed front brakes.  It didn't seem that long ago when I got brakes for this truck.

The cost of living is out of control.


No comments: