Saturday, January 31, 2015

Why so much time is lost

At my dental appointment last week, I was told that I needed to get "underneath" the bridgework that I had done, and I didn't understand what I was being told.  It required a special kind of floss, and she showed me how that was done.  She also gave me some samples to practice with.  Now that I'm out of this floss, it's necessary to replace them, but I am finding it hard to locate them.  I went to two stores in order to find these things and neither one had them.

While I was at a Walmart Superstore looking for these things, I browsed around and noticed a few things of interest. They had a propane tank on sale, but no price.  Well, that's certainly helpful.

Also, I checked out some tools that I might need, like a stapler gun for stapling the plastic to the wood for the quonset huts.  Plus a power screw driver, so that instead of using a hammer, I can just use screws to put together the wood pieces.

I didn't buy anything, but I used up plenty of precious time.  I did find a place to buy the floss by googling it on the internet once I got back home.  Maybe I'll get this done before the day is over.

Update:

Nearly an hour later, I have the floss.  One hour lost is nothing to sneeze at.  Not only that, and the trip may have been in vain, because it was supposedly cheaper than ordering it over the net.  You can't win.


No comments: