Friday, January 30, 2015

Home again, 1/30/15

Back at home, sweet home.  Somehow, I managed to get through the week without anything really bad happening.  Okay, I'm exaggerating about the really bad.  Something really bad may be unthinkable and unmentionable here.  Today was a slow day, so it wasn't particularly good in that respect.

Once I got home, I wanted to check out some stuff.  I had an idea to get a powerful inverter for use with the freezer.  It isn't worth it.  It may be possible to return the freezer, but I may forget to do that in time, as time is running out on that if I decide to do it.

Then, I checked out the use of a propane generator for running the dehumidifiers, because running them off batteries is expensive.  It has occurred to me that this is absurd, because I can just get the water and truck it back in.  Still need to make trips into town for supplies, so just get the water when in town.  Need to find sources for this stuff, so that hasn't been confirmed yet.

The propane fridge may be a problem, because I have to put it somewhere, but where?  Not in the van where I'm sleeping.  Or wait, it may be possible to do it if you run the gas line through a hole in the bed of the van.  Those exist, so that may be the way to do that.  The fridge shouldn't use all that much gas.

Since I've simplified things a lot, it shouldn't require a terrible amount of money to set things up out there.

However, I won't be 100% self-sufficient either.  I will need a money source.  I've been posting on this though, so to repeat all of that is unnecessary.




No comments: