Thursday, December 31, 2015

New Year's Resolutions

This hasn't been done on this blog, I don't think.  (Pause, after reflecting upon that for awhile.  Looking up what I did last year on the blog at this time of year. )

Hmm.  I've returned now.  Some interesting things popped up on my screen when I went back into time.

One thing I forgotten about is that I stopped doing "Best of" posts.  It may reflect something of a resignation to failure to gaining an audience.  It was a promotional thing.  Well, one thing you gotta do is promote.  But I don't like that.  If it is good enough, it should be recognized.  Yeah, true enough.  I think the blog is better than the audience numbers suggest.  A lot better, in fact.

Do I add "promote the blog more" to my resolutions?  Meh.  I don't know.  I'm not great at keeping resolutions, and I wasn't into resolutions on this blog anyway.  I know, I just checked it.

Do I start with making New Year's Resolutions and then checking back next year and see how I did?

Yes!  That's number one.

Okay, and number two is to start promoting the blog a little better.  Like doing "Best of" compilations.  Maybe that will help the declining audience stats.

Number three is easy, because if I don't, there may not be another New Year's Eve for yours truly.  I need to take better care of my health.  That means losing weight, getting more exercise, watching my health issues more closely.  Yes, and get thee hence to a doctor, which I haven't done since March 2015.  Yep, I'm late with a doctor visit.  Partly because of ObamaCare's screwups.  It might be happening again.

Number four is to keep on keeping on.  This may sound too vague, but I do have this tendency to give up when things don't seem to be going well.  The thought of quitting this blog has intruded upon my thoughts, but that would be a mistake.

So, look for me to around for at least another year.   I know you snowflakes are really going to like that.  Bwah, hah, hah!


No comments: