Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Getting more than what you bargained for

The title to the post is one of those idiomatic expressions in English that says you might have made a mistake when there wasn't an obvious risk of that when you made your original decision.  Han Solo said that in the original Star Wars movie when he took on passengers Obi-wan and Luke Skywalker.  Yep, I got more than what I bargained for, and more could be on the way.

Such now appears to be the case with my "Moonshot".  When I made the decision to buy the land, it didn't seem like that big of a deal.  But now, it is becoming something of a problem.

I had no idea that it would cost so much for that last trip in April.  I haven't been back since.  Prior to that, I had made 4 trips.  So, it is quite obvious to me now that I wasn't expecting to spend so much, and accomplish so little.  It was indeed becoming obvious that a single day trip wasn't worthwhile, but staying for 12 days was too expensive.  Is there a happy medium?

That's the stuff I've learned so far, but there could be more.  It is almost like I regret my decision.  However, if it would be a workable idea, a big smile would come across my face that would make it all worthwhile.

Yes, I'm having doubts.  I don't know if I can solve the problems ahead of me.  It really is a personal test of some kind.  I expected certain problems, but these aren't really the big problems that I thought they'd be.  The bigger problems weren't obvious to me at the time.


No comments: