Thursday, December 31, 2015

Why did I have to ruin a perfectly nice day?

I did once I started writing about liberals.  Yep, that'll ruin your day in a hurry.  I'm being a bit facetious here.  I'm not bothered by it, but I'm sure some of the snowflakes that might be lurking about may be a bit discomfited by it.

Now that those of you who are liberals are forewarned, you can now retreat to your safe zones.  That way, you don't have to be bothered by the knuckle dragging, mouth breathing Neanderthal with whom you cannot be bothered to have a debate.  That's because you, being that special, special snowflake that you are, are so much better.  Of course you are.

The thing I wanted to write about is a word.  It is called "catechism".  As I noted in the last post, liberals have to believe certain things in order to be a liberal.  And Christians too.  Not necessarily the same things, though.  In fact, if you are a liberal, most likely you aren't a Christian.  That's because if you still are a Christian and a liberal, something's dreadfully wrong.  The two just don't go together.  That's because the catechisms don't match up.

Actually, I don't know what the catechism is with Christians, and I'm not so sure about liberalism either.  I have to infer from what I can observe.  I won't do it with Christianity, because I'm not trying to bury Christianity, nor to praise it.  Can't say the same thing about liberals though.

From the film Brave New World, I observed that the fictional place had the catechism of Community, Identity, and Stability.  A catechism, is---" a series of fixed questions, answers, or precepts used for instruction in other situations".  I would link to that definition, but that includes other info that I would just as soon not include.  I'm most interested in the precepts.  Maybe I'll just refer to them as premises instead.  My Neanderthal brain can't handle those fancy words.

This gives a working basis that may help in identifying just exactly what a liberal is.  Tough job, but somebody's gotta do it.  Can you reduce liberalism to just three words?  I don't know, but I know one word that applies to them.  What is that?  Equality.  Boy, do liberals believe in that.  They believe in it as long as it doesn't apply to themselves, of course.  That's because they are just so special little snowflakes, yes they are.

Ah, another pops up in my brain.  It is untruth.  No, not truth, but untruth.  If the liberals find anything that is true, it is like holy water to the Devil.  The run from it as fast as they can.  That's how they can embrace something like post modernism, which denies that there is any such thing as truth.  For the liberal to see truth would be a miracle that would rival the Resurrection itself.  For the liberal to see truth, they'd have to be born all over again.  What a concept!

Finally, the last word is peace.  The liberals love that word, but they sure don't know how to find it.  Sort of like truth.  Only they really want peace.  Oh, they do, they do, they do.  But as sure as the sun rises in the East and sets in the West, the liberals will never find it.  That because of the second part of the catechism, which is about untruth.  You can't find peace without truth, and the liberals just can't see truth for what it really is.  That is why they are liberals.

You can always hope that liberals will see the light, but don't bet the farm on it.


No comments: