Sunday, December 27, 2015

Computer blues

Today's the day for the blues.  Weather is right, as it is raining.  The computer is old and worn out.  I've tried to restore it to its best possible function.  But it is kind of like being a doctor and telling the patient-- "I've done all I can."

The internals are a mess.  The externals are a mess.  It looks like a mess and it is.  It is literally being held together with duct tape.

I use the hell out of my computers.  This one is nearly seven years old, and it might as well be seventy.  The keys are worn on it.  I banged out a lot of blog posts on this little machine.  Nearly 10,000 now, and most of them on this little gizmo.  It has worked hard for me and I will miss it when it is gone.  That's why I'm working hard to keep 'er alive.

One thing is true, the world will kick your butt.


No comments: