Friday, September 7, 2012

Very suspicious of Obama

Yes, I am.

As I wrote previously, on the White House page, Obama has listed as one of his "accomplishments" as supplying US troops through Russian territory:
Over the last 18 months, the Obama Administration has expanded the volume of supplies being shipped to our troops in Afghanistan through the Northern Distribution Network (NDN), thanks in part to Russia’s agreement to allow ground and air transit for troops and supplies for Afghanistan through its territory. At present, 30 percent of supplies to our troops in Afghanistan travel over the NDN, and of this cargo, 65 percent of the supplies being routed through the NDN transit through Russia.

I suspect the purpose of doing this was to checkmate any Israeli attempt to take out Iran's nuclear facilities.  For if Israel attacks, what prevents Russian from discontinuing this service?  If this service is discontinued, what would that mean?  It would mean that US troop strength in Afghanistan will run into severe problems.  I don't know if this can be said to have created a hostage type situation, but if it hasn't, it has gone in that direction.

That's why I find the lack of response to this on the right to be puzzling.  They should be screaming bloody murder.

I haven't hit harder on this because of this.  That would put me on the fringe, you might say.  Let's just say that I am very suspicious, and leave it at that.

No comments: