Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Perhaps a hasty judgment

Interestingly enough, I mentioned that I stopped watching the video halfway though, I mentioned in the previous post.  So, I thought I'd watch the rest. Actually, the action ended the way I thought it should have ended.  Perhaps the flaw in the movie is that this scene lasted too long.  I figured Neo should have flown away to escape the ever-escalating numbers of Mr. Smiths.

I think I may have missed the point, therefore.  The point is that virtual reality allows a false reality to be created at will, which means infinity, but a physical being like Neo is much more limited.  This is like truth.  There is infinity in untruth, but only one truth can be possible.  An infinite number of lies can be invented to hide the truth.  But the truth has to fight the infinite number of lies, so it has a distinct disadvantage.

I have many weaknesses.  Among these is rashness.  I rushed to judgment.  The video is not garbage, after all.  But there are flaws.

Update:

This also calls into question what I wrote before about Israel and Taiwan.  I am trying to learn to think like Sun Tsu.  Is this a good idea to fight for these countries?  Is this position tenable?  To fight or not to fight, that is the question.  It is not always a good idea to fight.  Sun Tsu teaches this.  To know when to fight is the key.  You have to have a sufficient reason.  If you are wrong and you lose, you can lose everything.

Update:

I guess I'm just going to have to watch the movie even though I don't have time.  I am going in with a prejudice against it, though.  I read this plot summary on Wikipedia in order to see if I can save time.

On the other hand, perhaps I shouldn't spend all my time watching movies.  There's not much time.  No time for this.  Okay, it's off.

A last thing about this movie--- it looks very imaginative.  I can give praise for that.  But it may push the envelope of bullshit a little too far.  That's it.


No comments: