Friday, April 22, 2011

The Morning Summary, April 22, 2011, Earth Day (and Good Friday)

The statistics:

Time approx 4:30 am

Sitemeter; Fri. morning 4566; v. Thurs am 4543; 23 up 12 from Thurs

Blogger: Thurs. 39, down 24 from Wed (63); overnight is 25 so far, compared with 16 this time yesterday. Pleased to report that I got some comments on my Sarah LaCroix video post from Wolf Bracker and Sarah herself.  Thanks a bunch!  Everybody be sure to go to their sites and look around.  It looks like there's a couple links to go to in order to get to their sites and see their stuff.

I think this gave my blog a little shot in the arm when needed.

Nothing to report on bids, nor sales, still zero on revenues, not a click on Amazon.

YouTube page: 840 v 837 channel views previously, 482 v. 482 upload views previously. Channel views improve by 3, upload views improve by 0.  Actually, no upload views, even though I got more channel views is not necessarily bad.  It means people are at least coming to the channel.  I won't set it to automatically do a view of the featured video.  I want views that people actually want to see.

I've been brainstorming some ideas lately.  Nothing is jelling yet, but I am hopeful.  I have some news ideas that I will post on shortly on my daily plan.  Check in to see that.  Later, and thanks again Wolf and Sarah!

By the way, today is Earth Day.  While I am not a big environmentalist, I can't see why we can't come to a common ground with each other on some fundamental issues.  This will be a no snark zone on environmentalism today in observance of the importance of this day for some people.  The no snark zone is something that we may want to practice a little more in our relations with each other.  This blog attempts to be constructive about problems that we all face.  Hence the opening banner of "Houston, We Have a Solution" .
But humor is encouraged.  Let's not take ourselves too seriously.

In this blog, I have advocated solutions, of which I think all could agree, would be helpful in reducing carbon emissions.  These would be posted under the Energy label on the right sidebar.  Click on that label to get those posts and peruse them for my thoughts on these ideas.

Since I'm trying to do a "jailbreak" with this blog here, let's have a little fun with that with this video.  It is a new video streamer I haven't tried before, cross my fingers. Here's the closer to the "Blues Brothers".


The Blues Brothers - Jailhouse Rock from kenta64 on Vimeo.

Update:

As I did last week, the time creeped up on me and I forgot something. Today is Good Friday.

No comments: