Thursday, April 21, 2011

Birtherism and Trump, revisited

This is rather strange.  I got the news from Instapundit that this book is number one on Amazon.  I remember the author, Jerome Corsi, from the presidential election of 2004.  He may be the one in which the term swift boating came into popular use.

I see that the book will not be released until next month.  Why do people waste their time on this?  Does Corsi have any evidence that Obama's mother is not an American?  If so, I'd like to see it.  I wonder how he can prove this, if it is so.  He would have to have evidence that his mother wasn't a resident in the USA, nor did she live in the USA during the time he was born and grew up.  Although this was true after she remarried, it wasn't true at the time he was born.  She didn't remarry until a few years after Obama was born.

It should be evident that this is nonsense, but evidently people want to believe this, so here we go.

 Another thought came to me:  Winston Churchill's own mother was an American.  Does that mean that Winston Churchill could have been President of the United States?  I think the answer is no, because of residency.  If Churchill had been born and had grown up in the USA, it would have been different.

No comments: