Monday, April 18, 2011

Birtherism and Trump

I've spent some time just now reading up on this; here's the Wikipedia entry on Barak Obama and his mother. This isn't the first time that I've mentioned this on this blog, by the way.  To me, if his mother is an American, and I see no evidence anywhere that says she isn't, that should end the discussion.

Donald Trump is riding this, that what makes this important.  Frankly, Trump's credentials as conservative can be questioned, so this looks suspicious.

Anyway, the story of Obama seems to show that he didn't even leave the US until his mother married Lolo Soetoro in 1965, according to the Wikepedia entry.  By that time, young Barak was out of his diapers having spent all that time in the USA, in Hawaii.  Hawaii became a state in 1959, before Obama was born.  Evidently, Obama's mother didn't meet Soetoro until Barak was over a year old.  That's because Soetoro wasn't even in Hawaii yet, until 1962.

That pretty much ends it for me.  I don't get it, but some think the definition of "natural born" is more extensive than what is covered here.  To me, the framers of the Constitution could not have foreseen the possibility of doing genetic testing.  Besides, conditions were far different back then.  A black child, regardless of who his parents were, could have no chance of becoming President of the United States.  Therefore, if his mother is American, which is definitely the case, that ends the matter.  He is American.  Therefore, he can be President. The rest is a waste of time and effort.

The real problem here is Trump.  If there are too many who are foolish enough to consider him seriously for President all because of this, they may as well kiss their "principles" goodbye.  If we can be overthrown by those who should be guarding the real principles involved, we are in for a world of hurt.  Trump should can it, and those who follow him for this reason are, frankly, gravely mistaken.  The damage done by this, if it continues, will be far greater than anything the Obama may or may not do.

I am not supporter of Obama.  I have the creds to point to.  See my book reviews on Amazon.  I argued against his election.  I argue even more again this.  Defeat Obama on something real.  This business has no reality behind it.

No comments: