Saturday, April 23, 2011

Mike Reed, aka Bunker Mulligan

Those of you who have read my blog may recall that I had a blog back in 2004, which was also called Boots and Oil.  One of my regular commenters, of which there were only two, was Mike Reed, who had a blog called Bunker Mulligan.   ( by the way, link above is to a page in which Bunker made a comment, scroll down, his old blog is long gone, the new Bunker website is not the same one)

Reed was a golfer, evidently. I recall his front page was of a green with a sand trap nearby. For those who aren't golfers, bunker and mulligan, are golfing terms. I played a little golf at one time, or, should I say, I tried to play golf at one time.

Also, I recall that he may have been a pilot. You see, I didn't know the man. I only knew him through the internet.

I've written this before, but it bears repeating.  I need to get out more.  It is one of my faults.  What I did wrong there was not to get to know the guy.  Also, not to thank him for coming to my blog and commenting.

People liked him, and they kept his post up for all these years.  If you look around now, it is hard to find some folks, like Bunker, who were around back then.  He treated me great.  I am sorry he is not around now.

Here's another post that mentions him, you have to scroll to post of June 15, 2005 to find it.  For a faster method, use the find text function on your browser.  Also June 5, the date of his death.  There is a list of bloggers who noted his passing.  I post him in this screen shot.

No comments: