Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Why sell my truck?

I went into that a little yesterday, but I think I will add a few thoughts here. I did the same thing in 2004 when I had a blog. I sold my truck, bought the little electric scooter, and use mass transit. These solutions were not good enough, and so I went back to what I was doing before, which was to drive a truck for a living.

Some of the solutions now seem better. Perhaps I didn't know about it before, but there is this service called Zipcar that I found out about just recently.  By the way, I found that link to my own blog and marked it in bold letters so that you know what it is before you click.  Anyway, the Zipcar concept allows you to have use of a car for a limited time- for a few hours a day up to a day.  The trouble is that Houston doesn't have Zipcars in a convenient spot for me.  It would take a lot of time to get to one and to get back.  But there may be a solution for that, which would be better than using mass transit.

If I can sell the truck, I can use the money for other things.  It would save a lot of cash burn, which is becoming more and more pressing as time goes on.  I need to get the truck decision made within two months. If you have any interest whatever in this truck, or know anyone who might, you may want to keep this in mind.

No comments: