Thursday, April 21, 2011

Daily Plan, 4/21/11: A discussion about "Personal Problems"

Those of you who read my stuff may recall that I mentioned the name of Robert Ringer.   His book, linked to the left, introduced me to Ayn Rand and that, in turn, introduced me to her philosophy of Objectivism.  But, this isn't so much about that.  It is about the idea, introduced in Ringer's book, that the liberals have been very good at winning through intimidation over the years.  One way to win through intimidation is to make someone feel guilty about what should be that person's own self responsibility.

Those of you who are interested in the discussion I put forth about guilt can put "guilt" in the google search box at the top of this home page, and it will bring up some posts that you can link to.  The previous post had a brief discussion along the lines of asking someone to make their problem your problem.  Everybody knows this, but why do the liberals have so much success with this?  I realize that it is the Christian thing to do to help others and be good to others.  But when these people are using that goodness as a weapon against you, it isn't such a bad idea to point out that fact, and to take a stand.  That's because the hard bitten left wants to use that goodness that way, and really aren't interested in helping anybody, but instead, are using that as a pathway to personal power, which is the main point.

Now, when I bring up my own problems here, I am not asking for charity.  No sir.  This is intended a business that will earn its own keep, or it will fail and go out of business.  That is my intention.  It is not my intention to mislead you, as others will do, in order to get your money.  If I am to get any money, I will definitely earn it.  By the same token, if I don't get paid, I won't be rendering upon a "moocher" any more of my superior services.  For that is what it means to be a liberal in America today.  If you subscribe to their worldview, and if you are able to get enough people to join you, then you will be successful in turning this country into a country full of moochers.  And where will we be then?

There will be those who will offended by this.  Others may be amused by this.  Still others may be indifferent about this.  You could read the story of the Ant and the Grasshopper, one of Aesop's Fables.  But that story looks to be perverted into confusion.  I wonder if the confusion presented there in Wikipedia is an accident. When truth gets too close, the liar prevaricates even harder.  Perhaps if his lies are no longer believed, he may sense his danger and run away.

The simple truth is that everything has its price.  There is no such thing as a free lunch.  But too many people believe that you can get something for nothing.  That is how you get trillion dollar deficits and bankruptcies and a myriad of maladies too numerous to mention.  It is a moral problem, not easy to solve.  But easy to preach about.

I am going to list this under PHD (Piled Higher and Deeper, a snark at intellectuals).  It will also be listed under sidebar, so as to explain where the term came from.  This isn't the first post of this kind, but I need to explain the blog to people so that it can be navigated easily.  Otherwise, it looks like what I don't want it to look like- an extreme example of navel gazing.


Update:

Just made this video. Anybody have a reaction?

No comments: