Thursday, April 21, 2016

Nothing works anymore

The last post begs for a follow up.  Let's all complain out the wazoo.  Misery loves company. 

I'm having a bad day.  What gave you that clue?

Trying to pay bills but the webpage won't let me.  They want you to go automatic   I don't want to go automatic.  Whatever happened to the customer is always right?  See the movie Falling Down.  Note:
The guy name Defens goes on a rampage because they won't serve him breakfast when he wants it.  He asks that question and they say "we don't do that here".  Bingo.

Anyway, this is how entire days are lost.  But I don't have entire days to waste.  You see?  I don't have time for this.  I don't even have time to complain about it here.  Just trying to give people an idea of how things are, ahem, Falling Down.

But nobody listens, why bother?  Sounds like a broken record?  Yep.

Update:

The van is now running.  For the moment, at least.  Rather obvious corrosion around battery terminals.  Cleaned them up and left it running for about 30 minutes.  Started it up again, but it complained.  Let it run some more.  Started it up again, but this time, not a hitch.

Evidently, there's still a problem.  Alternator is putting out current.  Battery cables may need more work, but maybe the battery is getting weak.  It shouldn't be.  It is only a year old.  But sometimes these batteries don't last.  This one should have.  I remember paying a premium price for the darned thing just so I could avoid crap like this.

Maybe neither of these.  The starter and solenoid have been replaced since I bought it.  Already gone?  It shouldn't be.  That mechanic is going to have a sad face if he has to work on this again.  He'll want money that is for sure.

Like I said...

Oh, about the bills.  I can pay by snail mail, but that is a pain in the arse.  The internet is about convenience, right?  Whose convenience?  I'm $50 a month for this?


Update:

Rush Limbaugh commented upon this segment on his TV show.  The libs think all conservatives are like this, said Rush.  Of course that is false.  If anybody does this these days, it would be an unhinged lib.  It is commented upon on YouTube as funny.  It is funny in a way, but I am thinking it may be closer to tragic.  The Defens character does die violently.  "I'm the bad guy", he says incredulously at the end of the flick.



Update:

The van seems okay, checked it 3 times today.  Got my bill paid.  Had to use the desktop to do it because this thing locks up on a pop up.  There's a setting that may need changing, but that means a lot of time and aggravation.

Life is too complicated these days.



No comments: