Friday, April 22, 2016

Fascinating 4.22.16

A low tech sculpture is made into a water harvesting device.  Just the kind of thing that I was attempting to with my off-the-grid project in W. Texas.

I had a rider this morning with whom I had a discussion of this very topic, but this story, I just now discovered.

Today is Earth Day, but that is not why I am posting this.  Earth Day is bunk.

Not clear on what is being accomplished with this device.  Does it clean up dirty water?  It relies upon humidity to condense back into water, presumably cleaned by the process.

???

Update:

Merely a link to my series on the subject.  First, a recap of a potential system that may not ever get implemented, due to a lack of money.

I figured on growing spirulina, which is an algae.  Being an algae, it is very prolific in turning carbon dioxide and water- plus a few nutrients- into an edible substance.  In fact, it is called the perfect food.  Not that I want to eat it, though.

I wanted to make fuel out of pellets made with the spirulina, some paper, and some plant material.  This was to be used in a device that would boil water, and condense it back into distilled water.  I was to use gray water as the input, with distilled water as an output.

Alas, it may never happen.


No comments: