Wednesday, April 20, 2016

The Donald Trumps Cruz In The Big Apple

Nearly a clean sweep.  Kasich may get up to six delegates.  Cruz won't get anything.  He finished a distant third.

My reaction isn't much.  I get a little satisfaction, though, to see the skunk skunked.  Ever been around a skunk?  I remember smelling something bad once after being outside, and I had just walked inside.  I checked my shoes- maybe I had stepped in it, but no sign of that.  But there was this big, undeveloped, open area to the north; and the wind was blowing from that direction.  A skunk!  They DO smell up a joint.  That smell had carried a couple hundred yards at least.  When I think of Cruz, I think of that story.

Cruz can't win.  He may not be able to win on the second ballot either.  He's just stinking up the joint.

Cruz only has a little over 500 delegates.  He needs 700 more.  That means he has to get a lot of delegates elsewhere.  There will be a tipping point in which it becomes all too apparent that he cannot reach that level even on the second ballot.  After that, anything can happen.

Cruz has a regional, not national, appeal.  It is becoming obvious, but apparently not to him.

Update:

I see Kasich wants to inherit Cruz's Savior Mantle.  If Cruz is a skunk, then words fail me to come up with what he is.  Crazy comes to mind.

Update:

Cruz will never learn.  Trump didn't come to Texas, after trashing the place, and expecting to get favorable treatment.  He did better in Tx than Cruz did in NY.  Thanks, New York, for skunking the skunk.




No comments: