Monday, April 18, 2016

Rush is right, but he is wrong too

It's not really a good thing to be critical of Rush, if you wish conservatism to succeed.  If Rush is flushed, that's it.  There's very little left of conservatism that is holding up.  Most of it is crashing at this very moment.  There may not be very much that can be done about it.  You think a "but" is coming, you're right.

Rush has taken sides.  Now he is pretending not to.  His dilemma is not to disillusion one side or the other.  But sides have already been taken.  He took Cruz's side.  He cannot change that unless he annoys the Trumpists, as he calls them.

This is primary evidence of what the left has done to this country.  Rush used to be able to say that he was in relentless pursuit of the truth.[maybe he still does]  Now he cannot tell this fact to save his show.  It is crippling him, and maybe he doesn't even see that himself.

I support Trump now, but I am not a Trumpist.  I am in favor of truth.  That is why these two got to the top of the heap.  They were fighting PC, which is untruth.  Now, they are bringing themselves down.  This threatens to bring the whole house of conservatism down.

If only Rush could say that.  Evidently, he can't, or he won't. [pause button here, then...]  Perhaps he is, and I'm not seeing it on his website, nor listening to his show.  If I can't find it on his website, then he may not be saying it, or not saying it succinctly enough.  Maybe because he is unaware of it.

I don't know what to make of it, but to think that he has been co-opted.  I hope that I am not being unjust.  Just to be sure, I will read today's entries from the show. [no time]  If it isn't there, the post goes up.[ didn't see enough in the article]  It will be beyond control, because not everybody can listen to every word.

It gives no pleasure to write that, believe me.  After that sentence, I continue to read the article I linked to.  Yes, it is critical, but it is important to me. 

Rush is right on theory.  But the risk is in its practice.  He's betting that ideology will win because he believes in it.  That's why he picked Cruz.  I'm not of the same opinion.  I think ideology can blind you to the truth.

I am inclined to agree in theory about free trade, for example.  But in the real world, becoming too dependent upon other nations for everything puts us at grave risk.

The truth is that, in this business of politics, the votes in the general count more than the delegates for the nomination.  Sure, Cruz can get delegates to be nominated, but he is unlikely to win the final vote tally.  Cruzers are missing that point in their determination to prevail.  While doing so, they are inflicting damage upon their best interests and those of the party in general.  Do they really believe that they will be forgiven for this, if they seize the nomination from Trump, who has proven that he can get more votes?  It will be a Pyrrhic Victory at best.

Rush points out that he is only explaining this.  Sure, but he took sides too.  All the better if he could just admit that.  Otherwise, it just looks unfair.  I respect his opinion that ideology wins.  But I am doubtful of that in practice.

It may be argued that it hasn't been tried.  To be tried, it has to win the votes.  Cruz hasn't done that.

He says that it will just anger the Trumpists.  I can only refer to myself here, because I don't have a following.  As a matter of fact, I know next to nothing about who comes here.  I don't know what they may do about what they read here.  So, in my own words, the only thing here that may bug me is that Rush has implied that he hasn't taken sides.  He has.  He is also trying to be fair, which is all I ask.  That is all that any "Trumpist" could ask.

One more thing, his endorsement of Cruz was forced.  His "being fair" is also being forced.  Such may be the nature of the beast.  People get power, they like to use it.  Sometimes, it should be held back just a little.  The big picture is at risk.  [ yet another thing... I'm trying to be more fair myself...]




No comments: