Tuesday, February 24, 2015

With respect to debts...

In case you read Ann Barnhardt, she hasn't been posting much lately.  She finally put up something, which she points out in her DVDs that you should get out of debt, if you have any.

As for myself, I do have debt, and I'm thinking of increasing said debt.  This is in conflict with her advice.

The debt is for my land, and for my credit accounts.  In order to pay for what I'm doing, or attempting to do on "da Ranch", I'm thinking of taking on more debt for that purpose.  I was thinking of that subject this very morning.  She says don't take on debt, what am I to do?  Quit on the idea?

I don't think I can follow her advice.

Funny thing.  For many years there, I have been virtually debt free.  Aside from revolving credit card debt, which I paid off in full every month, I had no debts to speak of.  But that changed with the purchase of the land.

I have more debt than I used to have, but it still isn't much.  I'd prefer to keep it that way.  However, this in conflict with other desires, among which, is to get out there as quickly as possible.

To check those desires, I'd have to stay put, and not go out there.  Even to default on the debt and allow the property to be taken back, if the goal is to get completely debt-free.

Do I follow that advice, or keep going the way that I am?  Or to go into even deeper debt?

Update:  To be cross posted on the Wordpress blog soon.


No comments: