Sunday, February 22, 2015

How to receive mail in the middle of nowhere?

That's been a question on my mind since I thought up this idea of living off the grid.  The Post Office won't go all the way out there to deliver one piece of mail  ( I don't think).  There may be a way to do those arrangements, or some other way.  I once did some research on it and you may get the post office to set up a RFD type arrangement.  But I don't remember how that worked.  Here's something I just checked into that will serve as an alternate method.  I've known about the Postal Centers of course, they are all over the place.  If the location will forward the mail to a post office box close to where I live out there, I could use an El Paso address, for example, and then have the mail forwarded to my post office box.

That may satisfy some folks who demand a street address.

Update:

Join an RV club.  Lots of other benefits besides.  This is a real possibility.


No comments: