Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Rise and shine, 2/24/15

Hmm.  First thing this morning, I fire up the blog, and I'm presented with a change of terms for the blog.  I don't think it affects me directly, but it appears to be ominous.  The reason it appears ominous is that it is retroactive.  Blogger allowed certain kind of content, apparently, but is now retroactively policing it.  If they can do this for one type of content, can they not do it for other content?  For example, could they outlaw any type of posts that are "offensive" to certain groups?

What I'm referring to here is adult content policy.  It seems a bit draconian to force an entire blog to go into "private" mode if there is any explicit adult content on the site.

I may have to leave Blogger because there may not be any recourse to what they are doing.  If they want to take down a blog for any reason, they probably can.  I still have my own privately paid for site.  I can export everything there, and start blogging there at any time I choose.

For now on, I'll add a link to the private blog for every post.


No comments: