Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pigs Fly New Hampshire Debate Tweets of the Night

legalinsurrection.com

Comment:

While reading this, I get a thought about what it seemed like to me:  Theatre of the Absurd.

Lest you think this is too disrespectful, let me explain by asking this question:  What the hell was the point last night?  What the hell was anybody watching last night?

I respect the professor, but his play by play discussion left me with that impression.   My take was that there was only a few moments of light in what appeared to be mostly opaque performance by all of the participants.

This may also seem like aid and comfort to Democrats, but that would be a mistake.  I give the Republicans some credit- I give Democrats absolutely none- except this:  they are really committed to nihilism.

The ideas I express here are somewhat half baked, I must admit.  I am in a bit of a hurry because I want to watch the debate (replayed on network TV), which begins shortly.  The thoughts here can't be developed adequately because of this time constraint.

But it all may fit in my idea of humor.  Really, if you didn't laugh at all of this nonsense, you'd either cry or go completely insane.

No comments: