Monday, July 11, 2011

Eve. Wrap, 7/11

Hardly worth recapping this day, which saw only a few posts.  Just not enough time, that's all.

I had an idea to review The Saint, but that didn't materialize.  Okay, let me just say a few things about it that I haven't said already.

I didn't believe the romance between Simon and Emma.  It was a little too syrupy, especially the ending.  Too much like a fairy tale.

The talents of Val Kilmer were impressive.  He could pull it off by showing that he was a real master of disguise.  That part works.

Maybe it would have worked better as a James Bond type flick, but I've already said that.  Come to think of it, I don't recall a music theme, such as You Only Live Twice, sung by Nancy Sinatra.  The Bond movies had this, but I don't recall this movie having anything like that.

Using "cold fusion" as part of the plot may not have been believable for some.  As for me, I don't care.  It is fiction anyway.  They could have just as easily used some new "hot fusion" method.  It is a good thing for the cold fusion concept to get attention, but it really wasn't enough to educate people on what it really is, so it is just a plot device and nothing more.

All in all, it was a fairly decent movie.  But it could have been better.

No comments: