Saturday, July 16, 2011

Backtracking a bit, here

Rossi Cold Fusion Update With a Confirmation  (New Energy and Fuel, April 11, 2011)

My apologies everybody.  I think I needed to go back a review a few things that I didn't read well enough the first time.  I got the link above from the Al Fin blog post that I've kept on my sidebar ( Interesting reading).   The link was one that I click on the first time, or subsequent times that I've read that post.  So, I missed something significant.

Key points of interest to me now:
  1. Kullander and Essen were permitted to examine the setup, check for hidden power supplies, and then fill the reactor with hydrogen, calibrate the volume of water flow, monitor the temperature of the water flow in and out of the system, and observe the entire experiment. 
  2. Kullander and Essen have also ruled out that the energy could be coming from a chemical source.
  3. To cap it all, Rossi provided Kullander and Essen a sample of his fresh nickel powder and a sample of nickel powder that had been in an active reactor for two and a half months.
  4. he reported result shows that the fresh nickel powder was almost totally pure nickel and the reactor used nickel powder contained 10% copper and 11% iron. The two copper isotopes detected were Cu63 and Cu65. Kullander has stated his understanding this qualifies as proof of nuclear reactions is taking place in the reactor.
This corresponds well with the post I made recently.  It doesn't appear to be fraud.   This will be categorized as a sidebar entry as a good point of reference for anybody who wants to learn about the key points covered so far in this story.  Click on the label "sidebar entry" for a list of posts of this type, as well as the label for "Rossi Focardi E-cat".   It is set up this way as a source of information for easy reference to interested readers.

A reading of the comment section of the post referred to above shows a great deal of skepticism yet.

From the Focardi interview earlier today, it appears that the reaction is taking place at low temperatures and pressures.  Somewhat analogous to the pressures in an automobile's tire.  This is not likely to useful for creating electricity because of the low pressure, but that doesn't appear to be the target market for this device at the moment.

No comments: