Thursday, July 14, 2011

The damage already done by the debt ceiling debate


Felix Salmon   A slice of lime in the soda

When this all began, I had some hopes that these guys could negotiate this.  Silly me.  It does indeed look like the two political parties are not up to governance anymore.  It doesn't look good, and isn't good.

But I don't know about this statement:
And more generally there are still a lot of individuals and institutions who want to buy Treasury bonds.

Who?  It seemed to me that there was a report that the Fed was buying over 80 percent of the bonds.  That means no buyers.  So, I'm not too sure that the buyers are really out there.

He seems to be worried about gimmicks and sidesteps around good practices.  You know, like honoring the law and the Constitution.  He may well be right.

Anyway, that is all for today.  Have a great evening.
 

No comments: