Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Is it all Kabuki Theater?

Hitting the pause button here...

As you all folks, or bots, whichever the case may be, may have noticed, is that I'm following the election on this here blog...

You may have noticed some changes on my left sidebar recently.  One change has not been discussed yet, and now may be the time for that.  Besides mentioning that, I may want to elaborate a little further.

Ann Barnhardt's link got taken down.  Why?  I think that she's gone too far, basically.  She starting to question the entire premise of modern civilization, it seems.  While there is a lot to criticize about modern civilization, I'm not with her on it in the main.

I'm in favor of self governance.  I don't see any better alternatives.

She's been highly skeptical of the political progress for some time now.  She has something else up on her site today.  Is it worth considering?  Or is it too much?

She's saying that it is all theater.  Not the exact words, but more or less, it is all fake.

That much is worth a thought.  Because it could be.  I'm not so sure, though.  If it is all a fake, then they are putting on a pretty good show.  Yes, it could all be a BIG SHOW.  But I am not convinced that it is.

If it is a big show, then Trump knows he is going to lose.  But that won't matter to him because his payoff is somewhere else.  That doesn't convince me.  The real payoff is the presidency, not in losing it  on purpose.

If he wins, then the argument would be that he wants only the power and the money.  That's the hardest thing to unravel, because that is something that's deep in his character.

There's something to consider in the Bible.  Maybe it is applicable here.

I watched some Biblical Stories yesterday.  One of them was David v. Goliath.  I don't know how close this came to the real Biblical story, but it was Hollywood 1960.  You had King Saul of Israel being confronted by the Prophet Samuel, who told him his reign was near the end.  He said that Saul had lost favor with God, and that he was going to be replaced soon.

Of course you know who replaced him, right?

Now, the thing that struck me is that King Saul looked like he was in on an assassination plot against David, who had just won a big victory over the Philistines.   At the moment of truth, Saul popped an arrow through David's would be assassin, and blessed the new King.

Why can't something like that happen today?  Are we that far gone?  Maybe, but I am not convinced.

Update:

The above scenario would be nice, but the real Bible ain't like the movie!  Checked it out.

Well, I never said I was a Bible Thumper.

Trump ain't David, but when he has to go against the entire Establishment, he's definitely the underdog.






No comments: