Thursday, April 14, 2016

Glen Beck says he doesn't understand support for Trump

I watched about 4 minutes of this.

Conservatives have largely lost the argument on big government.  They lost that one a very long time ago.   If they think they can win with a pure conservative, they are kidding themselves.  The best you can hope for at this point, is to keep it from further expansion.

I don't get the sense that Trump will expand government the way the libs do.  I could be wrong, but I don't get the sense that he will.  So, I will discount that criticism.

Finally, on the issue with Latinos.  Morris said that the American born Latinos don't have immigration as their top priority.  These Latinos make up 3/4 of the population.  Now, why cater to that 1/4th?  It doesn't make sense unless you are afraid of being called a racist.

Now that 3/4ths are with the conservatives on the issues that they say they care about, so why antagonize them if they also want a bit more government?  You don't have to expand it, just don't try to get them to think like the rest are going to, because that is not what they are.  You cannot do anything about what has already happened.  The important thing to me, it would seem, would be getting control over the border. 

I'm sorry, but I don't think these guys care that much about this.  They prefer the cheap labor.  It's all about the bucks, not the conservative "principles".  I have to call BS on that.

I say issues win for Trump.  The guys with the "principles" like BS stories, and they think that will win.   The BS is wearing mighty thin.


No comments: