Friday, October 2, 2015

Obligatory, 10.2.15

Finally at the end of the week.  Posting continues to be light until I am satisfied with the videos of Gary McDade, who is discussing the Book of Revelation.

As I mentioned yesterday, I was confused about the prophecy of Daniel with respect to the time from the "Babylonian Captivity" until the destruction of Rome in 70 AD.   Since I revisited it, the confusion has dissipated somewhat, but there is some confusion about this period of time.   I don't think the confusion can be satisfied, so I moved on.  It is rather remarkable, and this is just my opinion here, that there time period Daniel mentions correlates so closely to historical fact.  In other words, Daniel predicts something nearly 500 years before it happens.  That's pretty remarkable to me.

The next chapter, which discusses the "sealing of the saints" is also a bit confusing.  It appears to be that a distinction is being drawn between the Christian Church and the Jewish one.  This somewhat ties into the previous chapter, I am concluding.  Also, toward the end of this video, McDade once again points out that Premillenialism is inconsistent with the Book of Revelation.  ( I haven't yet read the Book of Revelation up to this point to make sure that McDade is being consistent with it, and therefore would be correct in saying that.)

Question:  How many people today are under this alleged misconception about Revelation, and does this have any impact of current events?


No comments: