Sunday, September 27, 2015

Obligatory, 9.27.15

"Distressingly meager."  That was a comment upon an essay I wrote for a test question while I was still attending the university many moons ago.  Yep, he didn't say anything really bad, in fact he also wrote "not too, too, bad" on it, too.  I ended up making an "A" for the course because I found a way to write enough about the subject so as to not be so meager in content.

There's a lot of posts here, but they tend to be short.  Why is that?  I think it is because I tend to be scatter shot and cover too much ground.  The topics run all over the place, but nothing goes down deep in depth.  Hence the meager content.

Can this be corrected?  Not without a lot of discipline, which is one of my weak points.  I regret that, but it is following rather strong tendencies, so there's not a whole lot that can be done about it.  Sure, you can follow Bear Bryant's ( the famous football coach ) advice and keep working on your weak points until they become strengths.

You can look at this blog another way, though.  What it lacks in depth for each post is made up for in numbers.  There are over 9600 posts here.  Many are linked together and all are categorized.  If you want to understand this blog, you have to make use of how it is organized so that the sheer number doesn't become too unmanageable and the depth can truly be said to be better than "distressingly meager".  In other words, there's a crap load of stuff here.

I could attempt to categorize it better if that would help.


No comments: