Saturday, January 17, 2015

A few drops in the bucket

Water equipment needed:

Reverse osmosis cost: $200-300

Frigidaire dehumidifier   cost:  $225

Honda generator   cost: $1200 or more


total so far:  $1725

The generator may be useful for my freezer, but that may be a stretch.  If I can swing that, I could save a thousand on that expensive inverter and get a cheaper one to handle the rest of the electrics.

There is some overlap here with respect to the power subseries, but this goes into the water subseries.

Incidentally, maybe I can save some money on batteries since I'll be using the generator more than I anticipated.   Cost estimates there were $4k, but I may be able to slice a grand off of that.  Maybe the cost estimate for both can be guesstimated to be about $5k.

Prev   Next






No comments: