Saturday, December 13, 2014

Reverse osmosis system

Checking into this one just now, and it can be had for less than 200 bucks.  Claims 50 gallon per capacity.
Here's another link from Home Depot.

What made me think of the water situation again was that the water filtration experiments that I ran did not remove everything.

Reverse osmosis can get the stuff out that the methods I tested couldn't.  Just run the output from that methodology and use this reverse osmosis methodology and you can get potable water back from gray water.  Still not sure I'd want to drink it though.  You could certainly bathe in it again.  And again.  And again.  etc.

Come to think of it, I don't think I'd use something like this to get water for the shower unless there was a problem with the filtration that I plan on using.  Best to use this with the rain water collected.

Previous   Next   ( off the grid series, subseries about water )


No comments: