Monday, December 8, 2014

Moving details

Now that I've got construction plans nearly nailed down, I can start to think about how the actual move will take place.

Some questions to answer:

  • How much of my stuff do I want to carry along?
  • What to do with the rest that I won't be carrying along?
If I travel light, I will have to do something with all my stuff that I've got now.  Either I give it away, or throw it away, or keep it in storage somewhere.  Keeping it in storage implies that it is worth something.  It has to be worth a lot in order to pay for storing it.

Also, where will I be staying when I finally pack my stuff and head west?  There's something of a dilemma there, as there's no shelter at da Ranch yet, and the van will be full to the brim, so you can't sleep there.

How many trips?  It looks like there will be at least two more.  It would be best to travel as light as possible in order to minimize these trips.

Looks like there's some decisions to make.  If I leave in late May, I need to start getting things squared away in the not too distant future.


No comments: