Saturday, January 17, 2015

I wuz robbed

How?

I correctly predicted the 2008 downturn, and I had taken a short position prior to it.  Of course, the politicians intervened and caused the bubble to reinflate, so my short position had to be closed out.  Look at this chart

Look at the prices at the date where I've pointed to with the cursor  ( upper left corner of chart ).  Look at the price now at 14.12.  Do the math:  The price multiple is 231k divided by 14.12, giving 1636 rounded.

In other words, if the market had been allowed to drop as it should have, I could have realized huge, huge profits like this.  It was in a tax deferred IRA too.  I wouldn't have had to pay taxes on it until I started withdrawals, which could have started about now.  Imagine all that money available to me to do what I'd like to do, but can't because the government robbed me of what I was due.

You could argue that I could have gone long when the market shifted.  But how could I do that?  I knew it was bad policy, but that doesn't matter anymore to a corrupt society.  They'd just as soon rob the virtuous in order to satisfy the corrupt, who don't deserve it.

I wuz robbed.  There's no justice.


No comments: