Monday, March 10, 2014

How do you reach people?

All people are different, I'd say.  You don't reach people in the same way.  A message that might work on one person will not work on another.

I was just thinking of my reconsideration ( or possible conversion to Christianity if you want to call it that ) of my agnosticism.  This happened many, many years ago.  Back then, I think I was a lot like the liberals are today.  I believed in reason, still do come to think of it.  But I was full of it.  A reevaluation of my "conversion" eventually came into play.  At one time, I thought I had become truly religious.  Then I realized that I wasn't really.  Have I come full circle?  No.

I'm still working it out for myself.  Still don't trust organized religion or organized anything.  I'll think it all out for myself, thank you very much.

There was something that got to me because it appealed to my reason.  That is why I converted.

Was that "something" mistaken?  Maybe.  But in the interim, I have gained some knowledge of what underneath it all.  I have gained respect for it even while still questioning it.  Christianity is what I'm referring to here.

What you choose to believe is really up to you.  You are not helpless.  But the world is a hard place.  No doubt about it.  I have no idea of how to reach people.  Maybe their minds are all impenetrable.  But mine wasn't.  It can happen.  It's just not easy.


No comments: