Monday, March 10, 2014

George Strait - Amarillo By Morning - 1996 Houston Rodeo

Saw a link to the song on Disk Jockey Ann page on her website.  Some guy on twitter ( I think) pointed to it who said that he proposed to her on ( the radio?) and she turned him down flat.  ( I don't think music is gonna to help ya, dude, but what the hell do I know? )  Anyway, I remembered that I clicked on a number of things she had posted on her main page in the past, but none of it did anything for me.  So this guy mentioned a few of the songs there and some of it surprised me, so I decided to have a look at the page.  She links to a version of Strait's performance with lyrics.  I include a version recorded in the Astrodome during the Rodeo in 1996.  The Astrodome is going away, sort of a sad thing like this song.  This song was my companion on a lot of long road trips home late at night.  Lovely song.


No comments: