Thursday, June 16, 2011

Evening Wrap, 6/16: Huizenga, Part IX

Just got back to my computer. Huzienga's book is nearly finished. Here are a few more items:
  1. Chapter 8 was a killer chapter.  F&P's position was on the verge of being destroyed here.  It is little wonder that it has been such a hard uphill climb after that.  Just speaking for myself, if I didn't know anything about any other fusion energy strategies, like Polywell and Focus Fusion, I would have been utterly convinced by this chapter.  This makes it seem shaky, even to me.  The one thing that keeps me from being convinced is that the conventional means of achieving fusion have failed.  So what makes the hot fusion community so much better than the cold?  The results are the same
  2. Chapter 9 was about how "cold fusion" was being promoted.  Once again, Huizenga puts it in the worst possible light.
  3. Chapter 10, p. 164  Bockris calls the DOE panel that Huizenga chairs as a "killer commission". So does Pons.  Huizenga denies it.
  4. p. 172   A pejorative tag of "believer" is used here, as is the case thoughout the book.
  5. p. 184   Regret over the millions squandered over an idea that he rejected from the start (his words)
I would really like "cold fusion" to work.  But that doesn't mean that I will believe something on just faith alone.  You've got to show me.  My position is "give it a chance".   Guys like Huizenga seem to begrudge anything to this idea.  Even when Utah was showing some support, he seemed intent upon shooting that down.

It is kind of hard for me to understand the hostility.

No comments: