Thursday, June 16, 2011

Afternoon break, 6/15: Huizenga Part VIII

Since I've been posting on Huizenga's book, I may as well make it into a series. The series will be included in the category of Rossi Focardi E-cat because Rossi Focardi is related to "cold fusion", even though that is not what it is called nowadays.

I've been able to cover about another 20 pages in the book.  The current part is asking the question of where the fusion products are.  It should be kept in mind that this is a 1992 book and what Huizenga is referring to is Fleischmann and Pons ( for now on F&P) palladium and deuterium "cold fusion" claims.  By the way, in case you are not familiar with this blog, I use "cold fusion" because I doubt that there isn't any such thing as cold fusion, and two, to distinguish between what F&P actually claimed and how it was reported.

This part of the book is for the seriously interested scientific types and is a bit of a slog for yours truly.  I am getting through it slowly.  It does appear persuasive that it isn't necessarily an easy chore to find any evidence that fusion is actually taking place, according to F&P's claims.    However, since the later versions of "cold fusion" are not focused upon palladium and deuterium, then it can be said that it is dated.  Another reason that this is a slog.

The most recent part of this book is starting to get close to a fraud accusation against Bockris of Texas A&M - who was attempting to replicate F&P's claims. My understanding is that these claims of fraud were subsequently dropped. The aggressiveness of that type of rhetoric is striking. For what purpose would fraud be committed? Especially since there was no obvious motive. Anyone who can find one, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

Well, that's all for now. Thanks for coming by. I'll have another post this evening when I sign off.

No comments: