Friday, June 17, 2011

Huizenga Part XII

I am finishing the book up shortly. Just finished the chapter on Pathological Science. What struck me was this last two sentences in that chapter:
Only time will tell if there are processes such as, for example, "fracto-fusion" that can account for very low levels of fusion products.  The present evidence is not persuasive.

So, I reviewed fracto fusion.  Actually that theory is very close to what I was thinking.  I posted something on that on my post about fusion on a chip.


The reference to fracto fusion begins on p.82 of the book.
...as a possible source of very small bursts of neutrons, claimed to arise from a fracturing process producing cracks in the palladium and titanium metals.

Bingo!  I think this could be the explanation.  It is as good as any, and it appears that Huizenga didn't rule this out as completely as he did "cold fusion".  I am going to look to see if he recommended this be determined in the final report of the panel.  The failure to do so would have been a major, major oversight.

No comments: