Friday, October 27, 2023

Nobody needs to get ready



Redstate pushes the despair button.

We are expected to feel negative emotions all the time. So how to take a small victory and turn it into a big defeat? Let's sell the despair aspect, shall we? Despair is all around, it seems. To me, the past few weeks were glorious. The replacement of the Speaker with another one is not exactly a solution. These people cannot let go of a way that is increasingly dysfuntional. They believe the past few weeks were a failure. Thus, the selection of a new Speaker is bound to be a disappointment.

But such misses the point. Nobody needs to expect much. Nobody should be all that wrapped up in this drama. If we all did our jobs right, we'd be tending to our own business. Indeed. Instead of writing incessantly about this kind of thing, perhaps I should be tending my own projects. My own projects suffer from neglect. I should be out on my property by now. It's been over 9 years, and I'm still here. See what I mean?

Spelling it out further--- we have become too damned dependent. If we grew our own food, then what matters if Washington DC is broke? Back in the early days of the Republic, people took care of themselves. Now DC does it all for us, and we forever are unhappy because they cannot do everything for us. Well, get over it I say.

For the ultimate in despair, consider the bunch in DC is just playing us for a bunch of gullible fools who'll believe the lies they keep telling.

But Michael Douglas bangs the Black Widow, and lives to tell about it.





No comments: