Sunday, October 22, 2023

Lite posting

10/22/23:

Back to the blog. Today was kind of a day off. It is amazing that I forget things so fast. I still have an old laptop that I haven't used hardly at all since I bought a new one last year. The old laptop was a devil to get started up, but I managed to get it running. I forgot the password and / or pin number that gets me into my own computer. Sheesh. Fortunately, I found the old password or pin, and got the thing up and running. But that was after getting the battery recharged.

Some of hardware is on the fritz, and I wanted to use the old machine to try figuring out what the heck is wrong with those things. Still don't know. Could be something pretty dumb, like a dead battery. Everything runs on batteries, it seems.

My workspace is getting pretty cluttered, too. Yup, that kind of day.

I've scanned the news, but I'm getting a bit fed up with things again. But I'll be up and running shortly.



end update 10/19/23: Update from 10/19/21 post:

Nothing special to mention, just super busy today. Not enough time to get here and post something except this. This isn't about off-grid stuff. The off-grid stuff is on hold as of now. This is a different project.

end update:



There is no particular reason for the lite posting of late. I'm just doing what I've been doing all along. That is to say, I'm working on my off-grid stuff.

It is a long-term project in the extreme. You have to unlearn a lifetime of habits, and replace them with new ones. When this all started, I was a city slicker all my life. This project requires me to unlearn all that, and learn how to live off the land. It is a new way of being, or living.

So lately, I've been spending more time on it. Blogging is not as important now. If there is any reason for lite blogging, it is that blogging doesn't do anything to advance the goal. The goal is to live off the land, such a task requires a lot more activity. You cannot do it sitting behind a computer screen and keyboard. Know what I mean, Vern?

I'd like to report progress, but the city slicker still wins out a bit too often. I seem to like the ideas, but not the execution. Once I do try something, it often doesn't work out as I would like. But that is how you learn.

It is a long and time-consuming process. I'd like to think I'm getting better and better at it, but there isn't anything I can show for it. (drat it)

So there's no big change in the offing that wasn't happening anyway. It's not enough to think it, you got to DO it.



No comments: